Welcome to Mrs. Godsill's Kindergarten News! I am so excited to be teaching your child!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
INDEPENDENT READING
The children seem to really be enjoying the little readers. One of the best things about having a student teacher is that I now have time to listen to the children read. WOW!! I'm impressed at the strong reading skills they are developing. After your child has practiced at home, return their book and bookmark in the baggie with their name. When your child has successfully read the book, they will receive a different book. Your child will receive a new bookmark with each new book. I have the children read the bookmark and circle all words they know. After they can read all of the words on the bookmark, they will get a bookmark with new words. HAPPY READING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment